As well as our extensive range of stock items, dainton also specialises in the construction of bespoke buildings designed and delivered to your exact requirements.
Made to Measure Cabins
This could be as simple as changing the number of windows required or adding additional room dividers, but the beauty with a bespoke design is that we start with a blank sheet of paper and your ideas.
What is the process of designing a bespoke portable building?
Like all things it starts with an idea and sometimes the best way to show us that idea is to draw it.
Don’t worry we have seen all sorts of drawings from full CAD designed buildings to a sketch on the back of an envelope. This drawing enables us to ‘get your idea’.
We then need to have a chat. We have various types of buildings that are suitable for various uses so we need to understand a bit about where the building is going, what it is going to be used for, why you need the building , how quickly you need it and the difficult but important one how much you want to spend. We have examples of the types of buildings we manufacture at our depots so you can have a look at our show area to get a feel for what you think might work.
Here’s an example
We recently turned this plastic coated steel jack leg cabin into a COVID-19 testing station for the NHS by converting the open plan interior into 2 examination rooms, a toilet and a shower room.
Your next steps:
- Once we have your drawing we will prepare an initial costing for you before progressing to a full CAD drawing for your approval. This will show you all the positions of the main features including windows, doors, partitions and electrical points
- Once you approve the drawing things get serious – we ask you to sign the drawing and pay an initial deposit
- We book you a production slot and give you a delivery date
- We will also provide any foundation plans and electrical plans if required
- The building then goes into manufacture and is built to your exact requirements
- We then deliver you brand new bespoke portable building to you ready for you to ‘plug in and go’
Five reasons to buy a Dainton bespoke portable building
- A total solution from design to build to delivery
- Experienced design team ready to work with you
- A range of building options available to provide the best solution for your requirements and budget
- All our bespoke builds come with a Warranty for your peace of mind
- And best of all 98% of all our customers would recommend us to a friend!
Some popular bespoke buildings FAQ’s
What can I have in my bespoke portable building?
From bespoke laundries to cedar cladding the choices are always yours. Most recently we have taken instructions for COVID ready classrooms and multi linked offices.
How long does the build take?
Each build is unique and the time required will vary on the degree of customisation required. We have turned around smaller projects in 2 weeks but a good average would be 6 weeks from placing your order.
Do you provide finance for bespoke portable buildings?
We work very closely with our finance partners - please see our finance page for more information.
Do the buildings come with warranty?
All our new buildings come with a warranty for your peace of mind.
What if I change my mind?
We will of course work with you and try our best to change things during the build process but please remember we are building this unit to your specifications so we cannot cancel a contract once the works have commenced.
Could I rent a bespoke portable building?
We do provide longer-term rentals for bespoke items. Typically this would need to be a minimum commitment of 3 years but of course please talk to a member of our team for more information.
Will you buy my old portable building?
We offer part exchange deals as well as buy-back schemes – Please see our 'We Buy Used' page for more information